IDLI FRY | IDLI FRY RECIPE | MASALA IDLI RECIPE
Idli Fry is a famous breakfast of South India which is made using leftover idli, tomato, curry leaves, and mustard seeds. The tastier it is to eat, the easier it is to make. Make it for breakfast and believe that your children will like it very much. You can pick it spicy if you want and pack it for lunch or eat it in the evening breakfast. Masala Idli is a suitable snack for any occasion. You can also serve it as an appetizer before the main meal. If you like spicy food, you can add original and chili flakes on top of it. If guests come to your house suddenly then you can serve this dish as it does not take much time to cook. A combination of piping hot tea with spice idli will also be greatly preferred.
- Onion 2 (medium size, finely chopped)
- Red chili powder 1 teaspoon
- 2 pinch salt
- Idli 12
- For tempering
- Sesame oil 2 tablespoons
- Mustard 2 tablespoons
- Urad Dal 2 tablespoons
- A handful of curry leaves
- to decorate
- Origano half teaspoon
How To Make Idli Fry
- If you like spicy or sour food then Masala Idli is perfect for you. Cut the prepared idli into small pieces.
- But if you are using mini idli then there is no need to cut idli.
- Now put oil in a frying pan and heat it on medium heat.
- Add all the tempering ingredients and fry for about 30 seconds.
- When all the ingredients start crackling, add finely chopped onion and fry it for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Fry the onion till it turns golden pink. When onions are roasted, add chopped tomatoes and cook for 2 minutes.
- Now add red chili powder and salt and mix everything well.
- Now add about half a cup of water and cook till the masala thickens.
- Stir this mixture continuously so that it does not stick in the pan.
- Now add chopped idli and mix lightly so that the idli is not broken.
- When the masala coats the idli well, take it out in a serving pot.
- Decorate it by adding origano over it and eat masala idli with tea.
Idli Fry Video
Breakfast Recipes: Foodie Human Breakfast Recipes
Soup Recipes: Foodie Human Soup Recipes
Soup Recipes: Nisha Madhulika Soup Recipes
Desserts Recipes: Foodie Human Desserts Recipes
Tea & Coffee Foodie Human Recipes: Foodie Human Tea & Coffee Recipes
Vegetarian Recipes: Nisha Madhulika Recipes
Non-Vegetarian Recipes: Foodie Human Recipes
Read Latest Articles: