STEAMED POHA RECIPE | POHA RECIPE | POHA COOKED IN STEAM
Steamed Poha Recipe is not only delicious but also beneficial for health. This light breakfast can be eaten at any time of the day.
- Poha – 2 cups (150 grams)
- Namkeen Sew – ½ cup
- Peanuts – 4 cups
- Coriander – 1 to 2 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Curry Leaves – 15-20
- Lemon – 1
- Turmeric powder – less than 4 teaspoons
- Oil – 1 teaspoon
- Sugar – 2 teaspoons
- Salt – taste spoon or slightly more according to taste
- Green chili – 2 (finely chopped)
- Mustard seeds – ½ teaspoon
How to make Steamed Poha Recipe
- Take a medium-sized poha and wash it 2 times with clean water. Then add sugar, salt, teaspoon salt, turmeric powder and mix everything well. After this add 2 teaspoons lemon juice and mix. Keep the poha for 5 minutes, it will be ready to flower properly.
- After 5 minutes, when the flowers are inflated, toss them and spread them with a spoon.
- To steam the poha, take any utensil that contains a sieve. Pour 2 to 2.5 cups of water in the pot and keep it covered for boiling so that it boils quickly. Put the poha in a sieve and spread it well.
- When the water comes to a boil, place the sieve over the pot and cover it. Let the poha cook on a medium flame for 10 minutes. Check Poha after 10 minutes. The poha is ready, take them out in a bowl.
Steamed Poha Recipe Tadka
- To heat the poha, heat the oil in a small pan, add mustard seeds to the hot oil and fry them.
- When the mustard seeds are roasted, add curry leaves and green chilies and fry them lightly. Pour the tempering over the poha and mix it lightly.
- Poha is ready, serve them in a plate. Place the poha in a plate and put some salty sev, roasted peanuts, some green coriander over it. If you want, keep a small piece of lemon with it and eat it anytime.
- Do not add too much water to the poha, otherwise, they become sticky and wet. Water should be sufficient to wet the poha.
- If you prefer less oil for the tempering of poha then you can only take 1/2 teaspoon of oil.
- Chilli can be made more or less as per your liking and if you are making poha for children, you can also remove chili.